The Tennis Industry Association is working with Lee Dickinson, a licensed business coach with ActionCOACH, to provide business mentoring to its members.
Lee, who has 28 years’ experience of developing businesses of all sizes, has worked with companies in the UK, Europe and Asia such as Ford, Audi, Aviva and Allianz.
“By transforming marketing and sales, improving business systems and strengthening the team, I help the owners to make their good companies into great ones,” Lee explains. “The prime goal is for owners to make more money, get a better balance in their use of their time, and build up wealth.
“It’s a sobering thought that only 13 per cent of businesses will ever reach their fifth birthday, and just three per cent a tenth! This is mostly because their owners think limiting thoughts and without intending, lapse into self-destructive behaviours.”
As part of a regular series for TIA UK News, Lee will be providing tips and advice for business, starting with the importance of strategy.
“The England cricket team has just been routed by a resurgent Australian side for the third time in a month,” says Lee. “It’s an incredible turnaround, since only four months ago a seemingly invincible England team were spraying champagne around south London after beating the Australians 3-0 in the summer series.”
So what changed and what this extraordinary swing in performance should teach us in business?
- Analysis is absolutely crucial – Australia coach Darren Lehman realised England were not superior to Australia
- Strategy is absolutely crucial – Lehman picked the unexpected in Mitchell Johnson to turn the tables on the opposition and produce the strategic advantage
- Team selection is absolutely crucial – Lehman kept the rest of the team that lost in England largely unchanged, instilling and reinforcing self belief and confidence in the next mission
- Execution is absolutely crucial – lessons 1, 2 & 3 mean nothing without outstanding execution
- Massive changes can be achieved in sport, as in business if the coach uses his full toolkit as a thinker, planner and selector
To read the full analysis, check out Lee’s blog. Contact Lee on 07717 702084, at firstname.lastname@example.org or @Lee_ActionCOACH