The second annual Tennis Club Business Benchmarking report was published in March and combines data from 23 ‘large’ tennis clubs representing some 20,000 players. The 2020 report was sponsored by TIA UK’s insurance partner, Gen2 Sport.
‘Large’ clubs are classified by the LTA as having 8 and more tennis courts and there is a total of 435 large clubs in Great Britain.
The research was undertaken before the onset of Covid-19 and therefore looks at the business performance of clubs over 24 months.
- Club respondents were either ‘quite positive’ or ‘very positive’ about the future of their business
- 40% of clubs reported an increase in tennis activity.
- 13% of members are new but 7% are at risk of not renewing membership
- LTA interventions are starting to be effective resulting in increases in participation, coaching and competition
- Recruiting coaches with the appropriate skills needed by clubs is reported as ‘problematic’
- Fitness, food and beverage and retail are modest and need significant enhancement to maximise growth opportunities
We are looking to significantly increase the number of large clubs participating in this 5-year on-line project. If your club is interested in receiving an invitation to participate, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download a PDF version of the report by clicking HERE
Business of Tennis Webinars
The TIA UK in conjunction with the LTA has produced a set of 6 webinars to support clubs which can be viewed on the TIA’s You Tube Channel
Click HERE for You Tube channel